2008年12月2日 星期二

Midtern Exam

From “A New Metaphor of the Language Art”, Baines remarks some methods to improve students writing abilities. Before doing the writing, students have to think about the content of the paper and the readers they are writing for. Then, teacher should let students to discuss with their classmates. Students can know their weak points by their peers and try to correct these problems by themselves. Afterward, the teacher should provide his comment and opinion about student’s composition. It will be much clear for students to know what kind of knowledge they should have while writing their paper. Moreover, these students should also be told how to use computer to do their writing.

Writing is never an easy thing. We usually do not know what is the most important thing and advice we should give the reader. Even if knowing how to start out writing, we do not have very clear thought about the whole structure of it. That will make our point of view become week. Therefore, like what Baines says, people should make a plan about how to compose it and make it clearly offered in front of others.

People often plan all things they want to tell perfectly, and then they start to write. This is not a very good way to write. We should regard writing as a way to develop our way of thinking. In this way, we gradually know what is the point we have and we can find more interesting ideas which we have never thought about. That will makes out composition more abundant for readers. .

10 則留言:

namelessa 提到...

You talked about the complete details of writing an article, which was not mentioned in the original essay and also gave clear ideas about the writing method. That's really good. However, your opinion is confined to writing method; You didn't mentioned about how the progress developed. That's the slight defect in your article.

Dimitri HSU 提到...

It seems that your response part of the exam essay was kind of carried away since you focused mostly about writers' hesitation or blank brain to chose what thy like to write about. And some of your ideas in the 3rd paragraphs overlap with those in the 2nd paragraph. If you like, you could use some example to help to develop your ideas.

Beverly 提到...

I agree that we have to regard writing as a way to develop our way of thinking, through writing, we can organize what in our brain. But the end of your composition let me feel that you still have something to say. I am really curious.

sope2010 提到...

I think that you might want to correct the word " week" into
" weak." In addition, you might want to reconsider the last sentence in your paragraph. Your summary did not point out some other details in the article; you can add more information in your writing.

Hsiao Hsuan 提到...

I am not sure whether you wrote the summary of the original article or not.If you did,I think maybe you can give more information like examples mentioned in the original version.Because it helps the readers to get your points quicker and easier by explaining the process of learning.

vivi 提到...

To Wendy
Your summary maybe loses the part of “computer”. You can discuss any part of the article more deeply, but you should show complete ideas of this article in the beinig. By the way, you can change “we should give the reader.” Into “we should give to readers.”

Elsa 提到...

Your essay focus on writing, but I think you can provide your viewpoints and examples to make your essay more covincing. In addition, you can talk about using the resource on the Internet. In the last paragraph, I suggest you to state your standpoints again and strengthen the relation between it and the whole article.

Joyce 提到...

I was confused by your summary of the original article and your own ideas about this article. I think you can add more your ideas to this article or raise some points which interest you the most and talk more about them.

柯志儒 提到...

After reading your exam essay, I think it is pretty good in general. However, I think you need a transition in line 7 between “audience, and media.” and “Computers have...” I think the transition will make your essay smoother to read. Other than that, maybe it is good for you to check if there is any grammatical or spelling error and then revise it. Keep on going!

Wendy 提到...

To Ocean
Maybe you posted the wrong advice on my blog. I have checked your advice and other classmates' article, and this is for Dimitri HSU.