2009年1月11日 星期日

Reflection of the Meeting 2

For this time’s meeting I was very late because I remember the wrong time. Except for being informed of my assignment, I did not talk too much with the teacher. Nevertheless, during the class discussion, my group members offer me some suggestions to write after I give my presentation of my research paper.

First, Candy thinks I can find some clips about the issue I am discussing about. It is more persuasive to see others talking about their own experiences and maybe I can find out some new thoughts from their conversations. I do not mention these clips which I find there are some connections with my topic. In the clips, there is one which makes me feel surprised about that. It says how men feel when they have divorcement with their wives. These men are usually not willing to share their feelings about this issue, and it is harder for them to recover from the depression of leaving his wives or children. The clip also provides some statistics about some of men will become once they are separated with their families. We often consider women to be harmed more serious than men, but the divorce has huge influences on both of them. That is what I find by Candy’s advice.

Then, Roxy hopes that I can find out the change of marriage rate and its relationship with the career women. In face, there is one report about marriage rate I add in my research paper. It is because that I want to analyze why this phenomenon will happen first, and then tell the readers that they have to be cautious when making their decision to marry someone. That is the reason why now a great number of women who have successful careers still do not get married and still think over about this issue. I think that how I arrange the paper has its relations between causes and effects. Therefore, I explain how I think about my research paper to Roxy after the class.

Maybe some students will think the articles I put in my research paper are loose, and these reports do not have straight connections with others’. However, I think each of them all has something to do with women and how they change their feelings or thoughts, and take their actions to make decisions for themselves. It is a process for them to learn something from their life or through the media. That is what I want to present in my paper. Maybe some of these things have already happen lone time age, but until now women are still changing. They are still influenced and will judge their figure or conduct by media. From these things , we can know that media does have its great impacts on women, or people.

沒有留言: